Telematics Update can today announce an exclusive live webinar featuring representatives from Ford, Volvo and Continental in which they will debate how app developers and OEMs can flourish in the connected car market. It will take place at 3pm CET on Wednesday, 30th October.
In the telecom world, revenue from app sales for the four leading app stores rose 11 percent in the first quarter of 2013, totalling a whopping $2.2 billion globally (Canalys, 2013). This is a return that automotive OEMs at the moment can only dream of. But is this a far-off fantasy or a real-life opportunity? Therefore, this is the ideal time to get to grips with how OEMs can work with MNOs and app developers in order to capitalize on this lucrative market. Telematics Update’s webinar will focus on this timely issue.
Telematics Update Project Director, Jack Palmer commented, “The disjointed ecosystem that app developers, OEMs and MNOs inhabit makes it difficult to predict the ROI that automakers will reap from in-vehicle content”. He continued, “With many OEMs seen as a traditional and conservative entity by the technology community, it is clear that a reassessment of the ecosystem’s business models is needed. In that way, by attending this webinar, the potential for non-traditional players to infiltrate the market and add undisputed value to the connected services of OEMs will be discovered”.
The 45 minute session entitled, ‘App Developers, OEMs & MNOs to flourish in the Connected-Car Ecosystem’, will take place at 3pm CET on Wednesday, 30th October and will include a live Q&A. The link to sign up can be found here - http://www.telematicsupdate.com/contenteu/webinar.php
The webinar will be delivered by three key industry figures listed below -
- Scott Lyons, Consultant, Connected Services Solutions Organisation at Ford
- Martin Kristensson, Head of Content Acquisition at Volvo
- Joerg Luetzner, Head, Services & Commercial Vehicles - Interior Electronic Solutions at Continental
The debate will cover -
· How to leverage recognized content providers to raise customer awareness without surrendering control of brand image and the ability to differentiate between automakers
· The value of different revenue models, from one-off transactions, dealership purchases and subscriptions, to create a payment plan that attracts and ultimately prolongs consumer usage of connected services
· Ways to de-clutter the relationship between app developers, MNOs and OEMs to develop an environment in which non-traditional players can contribute to the development of connected services
The webinar is a unique opportunity to hear first-hand how some of the premier thought-leaders in the telematics ecosystem are strategising to adapt to the new revenue opportunities and challenges presented by the connected vehicle. There will also be a chance to ask the speakers a question and contribute to a live poll.
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director | Telematics Update
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
T: +44 (0) 20 7375 7572 (Global) / 1 800 814 3459 ext 7572 (USA Toll Free)