Telematics Update will gather 250+ industry leaders from the connected car industry, including Ford, Volkswagen, Nissan, and Harman at Telematics West Coast 2014 Conference & Exhibition (October 30-31, San Diego) to debate the next era of in-car connected content & services.
With the prediction that there will be over 50 billion connected devices by 2020 (Cisco), connectivity is the word of the moment. Within the automotive sector, the industry focus has moved from simply delivering apps and content into the vehicle towards creating a contextual, personal driving experience that seamlessly fits into this wider connected lifestyle. At the center of this new challenge is data. Vehicles are now generating unprecedented volumes of information, the correct leveraging of which presents a huge opportunity for the auto industry. However, challenges surrounding the collection, storage, privacy, security and sharing of this data stand in the way of this being realized. Telematics West Coast 2014 will focus on how to overcome these hurdles to enable cars that are adaptable to the consumer’s lifestyle and deliver an enhanced vehicle ownership experience.
The Car & Connected Lifestyle Converge
Telematics West Coast, project director, Annie Reddaway, remarked: “As the initial rush to get apps into the vehicle dies down, the time to concentrate on how to leverage data to deliver personalized and contextually relevant in-car content and services has begun. However, the transformative power of data goes beyond content. In a world where recalls have been hitting the headlines, the benefits to OEMs of having granular information about their vehicles has never been more fundamental. Analysis, rapid-fire updates and optimized future vehicle design can only be enabled by better data usage. Telematics West Coast is the event where the connected car industry’s decision makers will meet to discuss how to realize this huge and exciting opportunity for the automotive industry.”
Telematics West Coast 2014 Conference, October 30-31, San Diego, is the West Coast’s top event dedicated to automotive content & services. It will tackle how to leverage vehicle and usage data to deliver a contextualized, personal user experience that seamlessly fits into the connected lifestyle.
For the complete Telematics West Coast 2014 conference program and speaker line-up, visit: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/
The Hottest Topics Surrounding In-Car Content & Services
Here is a list of the crucial debates that will be addressed at Telematics West Coast 2014:
· THE CAR THAT KNOWS YOU BEST: Harness data to deliver contextual & personalized content and services which anticipate the needs of drivers and put the consumer at the center of the connectivity equation
· BATTLE OF THE BRANDS:Will it be the long-standing industry champions, heavyweight newcomers or the versatile underdogs who delivers the knockout punch to take control of the connected driving experience? Place your bets now!
· RECALLS BYTE THE DUST: Say goodbye to the negative headlines by leveraging real-time vehicle health data today and enable the automobile of the future by designing vehicles based on real-world usage
· CAN YOU HACK IT? The stakes have been raised! With a network of connected cars now on the road, create a secure architecture that will make the car an impenetrable node in the connected world
· AUTO STEPS OUT INTO THE CONNECTED WORLD: The driving force, the connecting piece or simply another device? Decide the car’s place in the connected lifestyle and how to integrate automotive into the Internet of Everything
The full agenda is available on the Telematics West Coast 2014 website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/conference-agenda.php
Industry Leaders Speaking in 2014
Over 30 top industry experts will take to the stage on October 30-31, including:
· Matt Jones, Senior Technical Specialist - Infotainment, Jaguar Land Rover
· Henri LaFrance, Technical Program Manager, Connected Vehicle, Volkswagen Group of America
· Scott Burnell, Global Lead, Business Development & Partner Management, Ford
· Robert Gee, Product Manager, Connected Solutions, Continental
· Katherine Bose, Director Business Development, TripAdvisor
· Henry Bzeih, Head of Telematics and Infotainment, Chief Technologist, Kia Motors America
· Rick Kreifeldt, Vice President - Research & Innovation, Harman
· Justin Overdorff, Head of Mobile Business Development, Yelp
· Rudolf J. Streif, Director of Embedded Solutions, The Linux Foundation
· Toshiro Muramatsu, Director, Vehicle Information Technology Division Silicon Valley, Nissan
· John Ellis, Global Technologist Connected Services Solutions, Ford
The full speaker line-up is available on the website: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/conference-speakers.php
Exclusive Networking Opportunities
Telematics West Coast is the best in class West Coast event dedicated to the future of the connected car. It will deliver:
· 250+ exec conference attendees: Meet face-to-face and do business with the most influential players and decision makers in the in-car content and infotainment space
· Automotive, Content, Mobile and CE communities unite: It's about more than just the traditional auto industry, this is the one event where you can meet and discuss the future of the connected car with groups from beyond the usual auto-sphere
· Online networking center: Exclusive access to the online networking centre during the month leading up to the event and the month following so you can fill your diary with key appointments before you even set foot in San Diego
· 30+ pioneers and leaders: Learn from leading thinkers who will share their wisdom and strategies
View the complete conference agenda: telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/agenda
Register now to save $400 on your conference pass
Register before July 18 via the secure link below to take advantage of a $400 saving on all conference passes: https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/west-coast/register.php
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Project Director|Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7221 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7221